The Pottery Inc., a California corporation (“The Pottery”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Pottery. The term “you” refers to the person visiting this website.
2. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 21
Our website is not intended for persons under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register on the website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT, PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
3.1 What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The categories of personal information and sources that we may collect are as follows:
- Personal and contact details: We may collect identity data that you may provide to us, including your full name, email address, company name (if applicable), shipping address, telephone number, and date of birth.
- Device Details: We may collect device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP addresses, unique identifiers (such as VIN, MAC address and IDFA), language settings, dates and times of connection to our website and other technical communication.
- Payment details: We may collect credit card numbers, cardholder names, card security details, card expiry dates, and billing addresses that you provide to us or our third party payment processors.
- Opinions, views and interests: We may collect comments, ratings, or reviews that you choose to send to us, post via our website, via a survey, or publicly post via social media platforms
- Information collected from Third Parties: We may collect information from public sources, such as your public social media information; we may collect information about you directly from our vendors or our third party processors who collect information on our behalf.
- Job Applicants: If you apply for a job with us, we may collect your name, contact details and other relevant information we request you provide to us, such as your demographics, past employment information, education and state ID.
3.2 Purpose and Legal Basis
This section 3.2 only applies to data subjects that are protected under the GDPR. In processing your personal information in connection with the purposes set out in this policy, we rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- when processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or your designee.
- we have obtained your prior express consent to the processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- in order to comply with applicable law and when necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests;
- if we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms; or,
- the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Our website: operating and managing our website; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our website.
- Provision of services to you: providing our website and other services to you, including fulfilling your purchase orders or other purposes for which you provided us the information; creating, maintaining, customizing and securing your account; improving and personalizing our content, products and services; providing you with support and respond to your inquiries.
- Marketing communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, mail) news items and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law.
- Communications and IT operations: communication with you; management of our communications systems; operation of IT security; and IT security audits.
- Health, safety and legal compliance: to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business; compliance with legal obligations.
- Analytics: to analyze and assess current and potential user markets; to create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data.
- Financial management: for sales, finance, corporate audit, and vendor management.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our website, our services and products and industry views.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of, or pursuant to negotiations in connection with, a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Pottery’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Pottery about our website users is among the assets transferred. We will notify you with any choices you may have regarding your information as a result of such events.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including investigation of potential violations and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Pottery our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
6. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
This section 7 only applies to data subjects that are protected under the GDPR. You may exercise your rights by writing us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right that you wish to exercise. We may request you to provide a copy of a document evidencing your identity if we deem necessary to be able to identify you. Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal information, including:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal information that we process or control;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your personal information that we process or control;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- erasure of your personal information that we process or control; or
- restriction of processing of your personal information that we process or control;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf;
- the right to have your personal information that we process or control transferred to another controller, to the extent applicable;
- where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent; and
- the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the processing of your personal information by us or on our behalf
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
9. COOKIES AND OTHER RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your personal information to third parties as noted above (subject to binding contractual obligations, also considered “standard contractual clauses” where required by applicable law), solely in connection with the purposes set out in this policy. For this reason, we may transfer your personal information to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
12. YOUR California PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents, which is incorporated into this policy by reference.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION